Principal Software Engineer
Nasuni is expanding its Platform development team with a Principal Software Engineer. This Principal Software Engineer should have strong Linux and CentOS experience. The ideal candidate will be looking to take ownership of the development of the many Python libraries and services that run on the Nasuni Appliance that enables our Hybrid Cloud Storage Solution for 1000+ Global Enterprise Customers.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will...
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews, and other work related to expanding Nasuni's Platform and Operating System.
- Develop and maintain Python libraries and services delivered to customers as part of our NAS appliance
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA, and development
- Work with customer support to address any escalations
Required skills and experience we look for are...
- 7+ years of enterprise software development experience using Python
- Fluency in a Linux or CentOS environment
- Linux library distribution, such as RPM or Yum.
- Computer Science degree or similar experience that includes System Design, Design Principals, Code Architecture.
- As a Principal Engineer at Nasuni you should have prior technical team leadership and mentoring experience.
It’s an added bonus if you have...
- Linux system administration or configuration; System services, Firewall, Iptables
- Networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP
- Nasuni's product is a Cloud File Storage Solutions, having File Storage Protocols including NFS, CIFS, SMB is helpful, but if you have not used, our team will help ramp you up.
- Our Cloud-Native Platform connects to enterprise applications and public storage via Software API's. Having prior API creation and utilization is essential.
- Experience with and contributions to open-source communities is a plus
- PostgreSQL is used as backbone to our system, prior Postgres is helpful.
- Exposure to Cloud Storage backend integration with AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Modern source control repositories such as Git
- Other high-level languages including C++, Golang, Java, or Perl
- Certified Scrum Master
Nasuni is the leading hybrid cloud storage solution that powers business growth with effortless scalability, built-in security, and fast edge performance using a unique cloud-native architecture. The Nasuni File Data Platform delivers operational excellence by consolidating NAS and backup, eliminating data silos, and making management easy and flexible without changes to apps or workflows. Its built-in security offers proactive defense and rapid recovery, lowering organization’s risk from the detrimental effects of ransomware attacks and other disasters. Synchronized access to file data everywhere ensures user productivity by supporting remote and hybrid work.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.