Software QA Engineer - Features (Python Cloud) - Seaport
Software Engineer for QA Automation using Python, Python Test Frameworks (Pytest, Nosetest) for Linux Storage File Solutions environment that includes Django SMB/CIFS NFS file server protocols, REST API, and LDAP.
Nasuni is seeking an individual with a passion for analyzing complex software and creating test automation that ensures the quality of our best-in-class storage products. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining the automated libraries used for all automation testing on Nasuni products. Critical skills include familiarity with Python, Python testing frameworks (Pytest, Nosetest), and Selenium. Candidates for this position will have experience developing high performance and scalable automation libraries. Success in this position requires a self-motivated team player; an open-minded individual contributor who can help the team reach its larger goals.
As a Software Engineer, you will...
- Enhance, maintain and support automation library functionality through python and Django development
- Author tests and contribute to the development of a CI/CD pipeline
- Expect to advise on and occasionally implement automation projects
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of the automation libraries
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality
- Take or share ownership of one or more large areas of the automation libraries
Required skills and experience
- At least 1-3 years experience in a similar python development role
- Python testing with pytest or an equivalent testing package
- Ability to design and write tests against dynamic resources such as external APIs and databases, mocking interfaces where needed
- Familiarity with common web services, technologies, architectures and related practices to make them reliable
- Activity with open-source communities is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiar with SMB/CIFS and NFS file server protocols
- Familiar with Microsoft's Active Directory or LDAP Directory Service
- Prior enterprise class storage product development experience a plus
- Previous team leadership or management experience is a plus
- Experience working in the escalation path for Customer Support
- Previous experience with white & black box, functional, and system testing
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.