Principal Software Engineer - Platform
Principal Software Engineer
Nasuni is expanding its first-class engineering organization and looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the Platform team that is responsible for the foundational services, file, network and communication protocols running on the Nasuni Edge Appliance. We're looking for someone who shares our high standards for quality, performance, reliability and user experience. The ideal candidate will be looking to take ownership of the development and improvements to Samba modules, communication protocols and other libraries and services that run on the Nasuni Appliance. We are looking for Software Engineers passionate about learning and pushing cloud technology to the edge and beyond. Offering mentorship and leadership to a strong team of software engineers. We are looking to fill this role in Raleigh, NC, Boston or Marlborough, MA.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will...
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's Platform and Operating System.
- Propose, develop, and deliver disruptive features to Nasuni’s communication protocols, e.g., NFS, SMB, SMTP, and others
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA and development
- Participate in the on-call rotation for production issues and escalations
Required skills and experience we look for are...
- 7+ years of enterprise software development experience using C, C++, or Python
- Fluency in a Linux or CentOS environment
- Previous experience with Linux library distribution, such as RPM or Yum.
- Computer Science degree or similar industry experience that includes System Design, Code and Product Architecture, System level programming.
- As a Principal Engineer at Nasuni you should have prior technical team leadership and mentoring experience.
It’s an added bonus if you have...
- Linux system administration or configuration; System services, Firewall, Iptables
- Experience with Samba implementation and active open-source contributions
- Networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP
- Our Cloud-Native Platform connects to enterprise applications and public storage via Software API's. Having prior API creation and utilization is essential.
- Experience with and contributions to open-source communities is a plus
- PostgreSQL is used as backbone to our system, prior Postgres is helpful.
- Exposure to Cloud Storage backend integration with AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Modern source control repositories such as Git
- Other high-level languages including Golang, Java, or Perl
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. We will consider remote employees as well as candidates based in our Boston, Marlborough, MA or Cary, NC offices. #LI-Remote
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.