Principal Sustaining Engineer
The Principal Sustaining Engineer contributes to all facets of the development, maintenance, and support Nasuni Corporation’s enterprise file services. Our applications handle enormous amounts of data and can be critical to our customers missions 24x7. You will work closely with Customer Success, QA and Development to support our SaaS solution. You will troubleshoot and maintain our code. You will become an expert in how our product operates an be the first stop for customer escalations into Engineering.
As the Principal Sustaining Engineer You Will…
- Work with customer support to address product related escalations
- Diagnose and resolve complex product and customer environment issues
- Serve as a liaison between the engineering and customer success departments to develop high quality engineering solutions to customers, partners and prospects
- Remotely troubleshoot and resolve complex product and customer environment issues
- Participate in requirements analysis, design reviews, code review and other work related to expanding Nasuni’s product functionality
- Improve business processes in addressing customer reported issues
Required skills + experience we look for are…
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or related technical field
- 3+ years working in the role as a Sustaining engineer solving critical & high urgency escalations
- Utilize C, C++, Python and Linux expertise to analyze and diagnose defects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- User-space and server-side debugging. Familiarity with GDB and valgrind
- Networking, TCP/IP, DND, DHCP principles. Familiarity using analyzers (tcdump, wireshark)
- Performance analysis and benchmarking for storage products
- Authentication & Authorization schemes using Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP
- Log analysis and data analysis tools
- Experience working with file systems, databases and SQL
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.