Python Software Engineer - AWS
We are excited to be growing the team that builds and maintains the Nasuni Orchestration Center. This team provides key services and supporting infrastructure that makes our storage platform and services possible. Critical skills include familiarity with python, Django, and AWS. Candidates for this position will have developed and supported high-scale REST API services as well as customer and internal-facing web applications. They understand the importance of quality and responsiveness in meeting customer expectations. Success in this position requires a being self-motivated team player, and an open-minded individual contributor who can help the team reach its larger goals.
As a Software Engineer, you will...
- Enhance, maintain and support functionality through Python and Django development
- Author tests and contribute to the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with a multitude of AWS cloud services including EC2, ALB, RDS (PostgreSQL), ElastiCache (Redis), DynamoDB, SQS, S3, Lambda, and more.
- Expect to advise on and occasionally implement DevOps/SRE projects
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of the codebase
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality
- Take or share ownership of one or more large areas of the Nasuni Orchestration Center
Required skills + experience we look for are …
- 7+ years experience, with the majority of that in Python development of production systems
- Familiarity with Django including use of the ORM and its templating system
- Use of boto3 for AWS API calls
- Python testing with pytest or an equivalent testing package
- Proficiency with Python package management
- Ability to design and write tests against dynamic resources such as external APIs and databases, mocking interfaces where needed
- Understanding of SQL and relational design, as well as some no-SQL technologies and when they should be used
- Familiarity with common web services, technologies, architectures and related practices to make them reliable
- Activity with open-source communities is a plus
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. This role will start remote, due to Covid-19, then will be based in Marlborough, MA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.