Software Engineering Manager - Quality Assurance
Software Engineering Manager, Quality Assurance
Nasuni is seeking an individual with a proven track record of leading test teams. In this role you will report to and work closely with the Sr. Software Engineering Manager of Quality Assurance to define test strategy and process. You will manage and lead a team involved in testing the Nasuni Edge Appliance. You will also be hands on in this role performing manual testing and writing automation code as required. In addition, he or she will be responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of regression testing as well as creating metrics and increasing test coverage using automation. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating test strategies and is a highly organized, self-motivated team player that is eager to work in a start-up environment.
- Lead a group of test engineers in day-to-day testing and automation activities
- Hiring and professional development of the team, with a focus on improving test efficiency and test effectiveness
- Evaluate existing test methodologies and make recommendations to improve release delivery
- Continuously improve automated, functional, regression, acceptance and performance testing code base
- Act as a strong advocate for quality throughout all phases of the product development process
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results, and participate in day to day test development activities
Qualification & Requirements
- 5+ years experience leading test teams in a high growth, fast paced software engineering environment
- Expert level experience with at least one high level language, preferably Python
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility and a professional work ethic
- Experience testing with Windows, Mac and Linux platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiar with SMB/CIFS and NFS file server protocols
- Familiar with Microsoft's Active Directory or LDAP Directory Service
- Prior enterprise class storage product development or testing experience a plus
- Comfortable with modern systems development life cycle including Agile methodologies
- Deep understanding of Linux and file systems
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.