Linux Kernel Developer
We are actively seeking an experienced kernel developer to help develop, tune, and maintain the core operating system of its next-generation storage product. Help us build kernel modules, optimize i/o performance, and deliver rock-solid stability, as we advance the bleeding edge of XFS usage. This role can be filled anywhere in the United States, and is open to applicants seeking permanent, full-time employment or 1099 contract employment.
As the Linux Kernel Developer, You Will...
- Debug, resolve, and improve the XFS filesystem, as well as kernel issues in Centos 7 and RHEL distributions
- Track upstream kernel development and develop patches for relevant improvements and fixes
- Optimize and tune for various hardware and virtual environments
- Coordinate work with upstream kernel developers and contribute back to the community
- Improve the quality and performance of our product by leveraging kernel modules and facilities
Skills + Experience
- 5+ years of kernel development experience
- Proven experience with XFS and FUSE
- Strong understanding of the current Linux kernel internals, with a focus on filesystem and storage subsystem
- Understanding of requirements working in an enterprise environment and with enterprise customers
- Ability to navigate and interact with the Linux open source community, as well as Red Hat’s mailing lists and issue tracking systems
- Experience with RPM, redundant storage systems like RAID, and scripting languages such as Bash and Python are a plus
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.