Sr. Revenue Accountant
Job Title: Revenue Accountant/Sr. Revenue Accountant
Nasuni is seeking a motivated candidate to join our growing Accounting team. Reporting to the Revenue Manager, this role will assist with revenue recognition, analysis of technical accounting issues, and capitalization of deferred costs. This individual must possess a very solid understanding of the revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
- Review contracts for non-standard terms and conditions and assist in determining revenue impact under ASC 606
- Assess and maintain capitalized costs associated with revenue contracts
- Perform quarterly assessment of ASC 606 customer life assumptions
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of month end balance sheet and P&L accounts associated with revenue, contract assets, and contract expenses
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Partner with other teams in the organization such as Sales Operations, Professional Services, and Human Resources
- Participate in process-improvement projects in response to business needs
- Prepare documentation/support needed for SOX compliance
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including order processing and month end close reconciliations
- Other ad-hoc analysis and special project requests
- 3-5 years of experience in high growth software or SaaS company and/or public accounting
- Knowledge of revenue recognition standards (ASC 605, ASC 606, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Exceptional work ethic with high energy to multi-task and meet tight timelines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of general ledger systems, Intacct a plus
- Knowledge of Xactly and SFDC a plus
- CPA a plus
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.