Principal DevOps Engineer
We are excited to be growing the team that builds and maintains the Nasuni Operations Center. This team provides the key services and supporting infrastructure that makes our shared storage and global locking possible. Critical skills include familiarity with AWS, Linux systems, and Configuration Management, as well as the common DevOps activities, practices, and techniques found in highly automated environments. Candidates for this position will have supported high-scale REST API services as well as customer and internal-facing web applications. They understand the importance of quality and responsiveness in meeting customer expectations. Success in this position requires you to be a self-motivated team player and an open-minded individual contributor who can help the team reach its larger goals.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will...
- Support, maintain and enhance cloud infrastructure through Python, Puppet, CloudFormation, and Terraform.
- Contribute to maturing the DevOps and SRE practices within Nasuni by utilizing methodologies such as CI/CD, Agile, and Acceptance Test Driven Development.
- Take or share ownership of one or more large areas of the Nasuni Operations Center hosted at AWS.
- Practice Root Cause Analysis to determine the scope and scale of issue impact. Create epics/stories and construct automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Develop repeatable tools and processes for automation, configuration, monitoring, and alerting.
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for production systems.
Skills + Experience
- 3- 5 years production experience in an SLA-driven SaaS environment.
- Significant experience with Configuration Management, Agile Scrum, and CI/CD.
- Experience building, measuring, tuning, supporting, and reporting on high-traffic web services.
- Comfort following versioning and release strategies with git/GitHub.
- Experience debugging AWS or other cloud infrastructure.
- Competence with AWS API libraries, bash, awscli, and scripting with Python.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (such as Puppet, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform).
- Knowledge of the principles found in the Google SRE book and how to apply them
- College experience in a related discipline (advanced degrees welcome).
- Bonus points for:
- Activity with open-source communities
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- AWS/Azure or other major cloud vendor certification
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.