Principal Python Software Engineer - Cloud Storage
Nasuni is expanding our Platform development team and looking for a Principal Python Software Engineer. This team is responsible developing and maintaining the Core Operating System and Python Services of the Nasuni Cloud File Server Edge Appliance.
We’re looking for Software Engineers passionate about learning and pushing cloud technology to the edge and beyond. Offering mentorship and leadership to a strong team of software engineers.
During Covid-19 Nasuni is interviewing and onboarding remotely. This position is based in Boston Seaport or Marlborough MA.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will...
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's Platform and Operating System.
- Develop and maintain Python libraries and services delivered to customers as part of our NAS appliance
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA and development
- Work with customer support to address any escalations
Required skills and experience we look for are...
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience using Python
- Fluent in a Linux or CentOS environment
- Linux library distribution, such as RPM or Yum.
- Computer Science degree or similar experience that includes System Design, Design Principals, Code Architecture.
- As a Principal Engineer at Nasuni you should have prior technical team leadership and mentoring experience.
Plus skills include…
- Linux system administration or configuration; System services, Firewall, Iptables
- Networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP
- Nasuni's product is a Cloud File Storage Solutions, having File Storage Protocols including NFS, CIFS, SMB is helpful, but if you have not used, our team will help ramp you up.
- Our Cloud-Native Platform connects to enterprise applications and public storage via Software API's. Having prior API creation and utilization is helpful.
- Experience with and contributions to open-source communities is a plus
- PostgreSQL is used as backbone to our system, prior Postgres is helpful.
- Exposure to Cloud Storage backend integration with AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Modern source control repositories such as Git
- Other high-level languages including; C++, Golang, Java, or Perl
- Certified Scrum Master
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.