Help-desk / Data Center Technician
As the help-desk / data center technician, you will...
- Collaborate with a team of software and networking engineers to ensure the security and efficiency of data center servers/networks.
- Carry out system administration tasks such as software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance.
- Responsible for the help-desk in resolution of issues pertaining to laptops, workstations and printers.
- Monitor servers and storage systems to ensure up-time and efficient resolution of issues.
- Develop standards and procedures for carrying out systems and network operations.
- Perform basic repair of damaged or faulty equipment and devices.
- Maintain records of all system administration operations and present reports to superiors.
- Oversee the running of data cables during the installation of new equipment.
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, equipment, and devices.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on data center equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Assist on-site and remote employees in the resolution of technical issues.
- Follow related company procedures regarding compliance.
- Support remote users by phone/web sessions.
Required skills + experience we look for are...
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a help-desk technician
- Ability to travel locally.
- Demonstrable customer service and troubleshooting skills in both a virtual and in-person environment.
- Ability to react to dynamic situations and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Virtual Server installation and configuration on (ESxi/VmWare and/orAzure/AWS Cloud
- Experience working with the following tools and/or ticketing systems very highly desired (or equivalent): ZenDesk, JIRA, Teamviewer, Go to Meeting
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and MS Office for Mac (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, MS Project).
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in written and verbal formats.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Windows and MAC operating systems required. (Ubuntu Linux, Android and IOS a plus), Mobile device technologies, and networking principles strongly preferred.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
What is Nasuni?
Nasuni is the new way for enterprises to store, backup, and share files. We built the first global file system based in the cloud, so we scale without the limits of legacy device-based file systems from Dell-EMC and NetApp. Our file services platform enhances cross-site collaboration and accelerates business growth, plus it saves our enterprise customers 60% compared to the cost of separate on-premises NAS, backup, archive, replication, and DR infrastructure.
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.