Senior Software Engineer - C++
We are looking for experienced C++/Linux software engineer to expand our distributed file system Datapath team
Nasuni is expanding its world class development team and is looking for a software engineer with strong skills and experience in design and performance optimization of data path in storage products or distributed systems. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in advancing Nasuni’s solution and contribute to Nasuni's cutting-edge technology. We are looking for a self-motivated and accomplished team player who uses critical thinking and data to drive improvements in Nasuni’s core technology.
As the Senior Datapath Engineer, you will...
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, design reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's functionality
- Take ownership of one or more existing data path components, design and implement new functionality, and maintain and support existing functionality
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability working closely with QA and Performance teams
- Work with customer support to address escalations
Minimum experience + qualifications we look for are...
- BS in EE, CE or CS
- 7 years of software product development in the storage, database or distributed computing applications
- Expert user-space debugging skills and familiarity with GDB, valgrind, or equivalents
- Deep familiarity with system architecture and Object-Oriented Design and Object Oriented Programming
- Expert skills with one or more of the following programming languages and multi-threaded programming is required: C++, C, Python
- Experience with system level performance analysis methods and tools is desirable
- Knowledge of networking and experience in developing application protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services™, powered by the patented UniFS® global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.