Software Architect - Cloud Services
Software Architect - Cloud Services
Architect and design Nasuni’s next generation cloud file system - UniFS. Lead the effort to create a highly available REST API-based read/write interface into UniFS which scales to a variety of workloads including data migration, SaaS integrations, and high-performance ingestion. Architect Software for the major cloud environments including AWS, Azure, and GCP, as well as position the solution for on-prem virtualization platforms. Develop software release and delivery process, telemetry collection, and remote site monitoring so that Nasuni can proactively monitor performance and assess incidents at customer installations.
As a Cloud Services Software Architect you will:
- Lead the architecture, design, and documentation of Nasuni’s next generation UniFS cloud file service.
- Guide engineering teams through design, development, test, code review, and delivery process, including helping to set milestones, MVIs, and other deliverables in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Work closely with Product Management and other business teams to align on requirements, priorities, roadmap, and the NPI process.
- Validate software designs and software architectures with our partners at AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Help develop common components and services used throughout the Nasuni product line.
Skills + Experience
- 15+ years experience in software engineering roles, including design, architecture, and technical leadership positions in production-level Software as a Service (Saas) offerings.
- Proven competency in the major cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP. Certifications a plus.
- High-scale, highly available REST API microservice architectures using container-based and serverless services.
- Thorough understanding of SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, testing strategies and methodologies.
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Familiarity with common web services, technologies, architectures and related practices to make them reliable
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. This role will start remote, due to Covid-19, then will be based in Marlborough, MA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.