Game Server Engineer (Remote)
N3TWORK is a games platform company – one that creates its own games and also builds technology and services for other gamemakers. Our flagship title Legendary, has generated over $250m in lifetime revenue and sets the standard for Live Events in mobile free-to-play games. We’ve also launched a version of Tetris to the world, along with Funko Pop! Blitz. These games are built on top of the N3TWORK Scale Platform (NSP) which enables us to invest hundreds of millions of mobile marketing dollars to achieve some of the highest ROI and LTV in the industry. NSP is now available to all developers to help grow their games and their businesses.
N3TWORK is headquartered in San Francisco, but is a fully distributed company. So, geographic location in the world is much less relevant to us than your drive and experience. We’re backed by some of the biggest names in venture & technology and we’ve assembled a great team of experienced and energetic N3TWORKers. Are you the next incredible addition to our company?
We are looking for talented game server engineers to join our small, focused team of experienced veterans to build scalable game servers.
- Work with the server engineering team to help design and build successful, scalable services that back free to play games on iOS and Android.
- Provide engineering support to the Live Operations team.
- Implement reusable server side systems that drive game features.
- Help build web based tools used by game designers and producers to operate games.
- Write and maintain quality, readable code.
- Collaborate with game teams, designers, and artists to bring our work to life.
- 2+ years experience in Java, C# or Python.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns, and how to apply them to the problem at hand.
- Experience with secure, scalable RESTful API design and development for mobile games.
- Experience with database design and scaling for write-heavy workloads.
- Experience operating production services in AWS or another cloud environment.
- Ability to identify and correct performance bottlenecks on a live system.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux.
- Understanding of and interest in successful free to play game design and development.
- Curiosity that drives you to continually learn new things.
- Experience with Dropwizard.
- Experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL datastores at scale.