Sr Statistical Scientist, Biostatistics
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide statistical support to clinical development plans, strategies, endpoint selection, study design, scientific publications, and regulatory meetings
- Collaborate with the clinical team in the design, analysis, and reporting of data in clinical trials
- Responsible for the development of Statistical Analysis Plan and reporting results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, listings, and tables.
- Provide statistical interpretation of results and explain statistical methodology to team members.
- Provide statistical oversight to vendors, contractors, and consultants, and mentor junior staff
- Represent biostatistics function or biometrics department in cross function teams
- Provide leadership to Biometrics Functional Teams
- Help head of biostatistics and biometrics leadership team to build up processes, tools, SOPs, and teams
- PhD or Master in Statistics, Biostatistics, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years for candidates with PhD and 5 years for candidates with a Master degree. Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Solution orientated for complex clinical questions and translation of these to statistical hypothesis in study design.
- Fluency with statistical analysis programing software.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, project management, and leadership skills.
- Effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms; able to understand requests for complex analyses.
- Effective team player: willingness to go the extra distance to get results, meet deadlines, etc.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.