Senior Statistical Scientist, Biostatistics
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide statistical support to clinical development plans, strategies, endpoint selection, study design, scientific publications, and regulatory meetings
- Collaborate with the Project Team in the design, analysis, and reporting of data in translational research, digital health, registries, and real-world evidence.
- Responsible for the development of Statistical Analysis Plan and reporting results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, listings, and tables.
- Lead data analytics through collection and analysis of multiple data sources to support decision making and product/process quality improvement.
- Adopt and/or innovate appropriate statistical methods in order to solve scientific problems and identification of trends. Analyze and interpret clinical trial data in order to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Provide statistical interpretation of results and explain statistical methodology to team members.
- Provide statistical oversight to vendors, contractors, and consultants, and mentor junior staff
- PhD in Statistics or Biostatistics.
- Minimum 0+ (for Statistical Scientist), 3+ (for Sr. Statistical Scientist), and 6+ (for Associate Director) years of experience as biostatistician with significant design and data analysis responsibilities for clinical trials and data mining experiences. Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Solution orientated for complex clinical questions and translation of these to statistical hypothesis in study design.
- Fluency with statistical analysis programming software.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, project management, and leadership skills.
- Effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms; able to understand requests for complex analyses.
- Effective team player: willingness to go the extra distance to get results, meet deadlines, etc.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.