Senior Wireless Systems Engineer
SENIOR WIRELESS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Come be a part of our growth! Velaspan is seeking a Senior Wireless Systems Engineer to join the team collaborating with clients while performing Wireless Site Survey, Spectrum Analysis, Wireless Network System Installation and Configuration, RF Coverage Verification, Network Troubleshooting. If you are a detail oriented multi-tasker who enjoys a mix of focused work, travel, and collaborative client interaction, then this might be the job for you!
Based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Velaspan is a leading professional services organization that specializes in wireless network design and consulting services. Velaspan consultants have been integral in the development of thousands of indoor and outdoor mobility solutions across virtually every business environment including enterprise, government, pharmaceutical, healthcare, manufacturing, logistics and education. Leveraging extensive experience with wireless infrastructure and mobile data collection devices, Velaspan is uniquely positioned to design, deliver and support the mobility solution that is right for any business.
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB SO UNIQUE?
As a Senior Wireless Systems Engineer you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the growth and success of Velaspan and our amazing clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Interface with client contacts on a daily basis
- Make necessary travel arrangements and changes as required
- Maintain Velaspan supplied network test equipment, ensuring working order, configuration, and required inventory to complete specific engagements as assigned
- Manage time and schedule during onsite activities to ensure project completion
- Keep project management personnel informed of progress and potential issues
- Project tasks include: Wireless Site Survey, Spectrum Analysis, Wireless Network System Installation and Configuration, RF Coverage Verification, Network Troubleshooting
- Interface with Velaspan project management and sales staff during and after onsite activities
- Preparation of client-facing documentation
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
- 5-10 years of experience in a network administration or systems engineering role
- Working knowledge of enterprise-class computer networking, including Cisco router, switch and access point hardware desired
- Knowledge of a variety of vendor technology systems such as Cisco, Aruba, AirMagnet, etc preferred
- Skilled use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain meaningful professional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and sense of urgency
- Polished business communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to client sites and company events both by car and airplane
WHAT MAKES VELASPAN SUCH AN AMAZING PLACE TO WORK?
At Velaspan we are passionate about the quality of our work. We are a dedicated group of professionals who love what we do and where we work. We are often referred within the wireless industry to solve problems others cannot solve and are committed to excellence and strive to offer unmatched support to our customers. We offer our employees great perks like:
- A generous salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Variety of benefits - including medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Ability to contribute and be part of our exciting ongoing growth
- A fun job in the IT field working with the best in the industry
- Opportunities to work with clients in diverse industries
- Company paid training opportunities
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
To apply please submit the following:
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for Velaspan
- Salary history and requirements
Please note: If you are offered employment, it will be contingent upon the successful completion of any and all background verifications.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.