Maintenance Workers and Utility Technicians
Are you a motivated, reliable maintenance professional seeking a new opportunity with an organization committed to providing unparalleled service? If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Lehigh County Authority is seeking experienced professionals to join our team in the roles of Maintenance Worker and Utility Technician. In these roles, you will be responsible for performing a variety of utility and laborer duties in the assistance of maintenance, repair, and replacement of water/wastewater infrastructure.
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA we are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
LCA offers competitive pay and robust benefits including:
- Paid Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with no employee contributions
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life insurance
- Flex Spending Plan and other voluntary coverage
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(ICMA)
What the Jobs Look Like
Depending on the role, you will have an opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of LCA through the following core job responsibilities:
- Performs routine maintenance, repair, and cleaning activities for processing equipment, buildings, and grounds
- Performs minor maintenance and repair of equipment and tools
- Perform landscaping duties around plant grounds
- Clean and paint process equipment and buildings
- Perform salting, shoveling, and snow removal as required
- Spreads, levels, and compacts dirt, gravel paving (hot), and patching materials; sweeps streets, collects trash and garbage
- Rods sanitary and storm lines; cleans and flushes catch basin inlets and meter pits; hand and machine mixes cement
- Operates air compressors, jackhammers, concrete saws, vac-all, small pumps, cement mixer, jet trucks, and vactor units
- Uses shovels, picks, hand, and power tampers, and other tools to excavate and back-fill
- Drives non-CDL/CDL and special purpose vehicles and performs required daily inspections of vehicles and equipment
- Lifts, holds, positions, and secures tapping machine, hydrants, valves, pipe clamps, sleeves, and fittings as required
- Assist in the repair, removal, and replacement of water and sewer assets
- Erect barricades and direct traffic flow around work area as required
- Gains entrance to lines through manholes, and performs jetting and maintenance as required
- Assists construction crew with maintenance, replacement, and repair of the water and sewer infrastructure
- Assists in installation and repair of valves, fire hydrants, manholes, sewer lines, corporation taps, and meters
- Uses water and sewer line tracing equipment and software as required
- Provide quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to customers, citizens, and internal departments
- Assists others and performs related work as assigned
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Licensure: Valid driver’s license required (Forklift certification/CDL-B/Class E Water Distribution license desired for some positions)
- Skills: Knowledge of a variety of hand/power tools and equipment
- Scheduling: Must be available for emergency call out/standby service
- Work Environment: Must be able to work in all outside weather conditions
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oxmeefw5&s=myHRpartner
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.