Technology Support Assistant
Technology Support Assistant
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. You can learn more about MoMath and its open positions at momath.org.
MoMath is seeking a skilled IT generalist to provide technical support and contribute to assorted digital projects. This role focuses on delivering desktop and application support to staff and assisting with digital projects, including preparing multimedia elements for fundraising events, developing webpages featuring media from MoMath events, and assisting in maintaining and organizing MoMath’s inventory of media assets. The position offers the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies and to master new software systems.
This is a full-time permanent position based in New York City. It offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist staff with day-to-day desktop issues, answer queries concerning MoMath’s CRM and CMS, and troubleshoot software including the Microsoft Office suite and Apple Mail
- Perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of printers and other devices
- Compile videos for special events and edit footage to be featured on the MoMath website and YouTube page
- Utilize WordPress to create webpages featuring multimedia from events
- Assist in setting up desktop computers, phones, and software accounts for new employees
- One to three years’ experience with desktop, phone, and printer support and troubleshooting
- Experience with macOS and the Apple ecosystem a must, and prior experience configuring and troubleshooting mobile platforms (iOS and Android) a plus
- Experience with some of the following pieces of software: WordPress, CiviCRM, Microsoft Office suite, Apple iMovie, Apple Photos, Apple Mail, Apple Calendar
- Some experience with HTML and CSS
- Basic scripting (e.g. AppleScript, Python, Bash) and/or command-line knowledge a plus
- Excellent customer service skills and patience while supporting others
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning and using new software and technologies
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, especially when communicating with less technically-inclined audiences
To apply, please send the following to [email protected], with a subject line that includes “Technology Support Assistant” and your name:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria
- A current résumé, including grade point averages
- A 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics
MoMath actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Equal opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.