Are you a Machinist seeking an opportunity to use your unique skill set in a modern manufacturing environment? Kercher Industries is seeking an experienced Machinist who takes pride in their work to join our vertically integrated team of craftsmen.
As a manufacturing leader for over 70 years, Kercher Industries has focused on delivering superior value to our customers. Catering to both high volume production runs as well as single unit prototype designs, we take pride in servicing a diverse range of customers. With a focus on delivering superior value, we specialize in machining, laser cutting, welding, fabrication, and complex machine assembly. Kercher Industries’ versatility allows us to provide out of production parts or custom pieces designed to fit our customer’s needs.
How You’ll be Rewarded
Our employees love what we do and love where they work. We offer great perks such as:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Optional Disability and Life Benefits
- 401k program
- Profit Sharing
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Amazing Growth Opportunities
- M-F schedule with half day on Friday
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Set up, edit, program and operate multiple types and sizes of CNC and manual machines such as lathes and mills
- Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary
- Read, analyze, and follow blueprint and sketch designs to determine product specifications and tooling instructions to plan operational sequences
- Set up, calibrate, maintain, and repair machinery and tools
- Follow health and safety regulations by utilizing required equipment and protection as needed
- Accomplishes organizational goals and documents actions by completing production and quality logs
- Maintains equipment and work area by completing preventive maintenance requirements including, but not limited to, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2-5 years related machining and fabrication experience
- Experience using computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing software programs
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to operate a forklift
- Able to operate an overhead crane
- Able to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs including climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stopping, and handling of materials
- Vision abilities include close and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity and the ability to quickly move your hands and grasp objects is necessary
- Potential exposure to airborne particles and high noise level
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Salary history and/or requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.