Operations & Maintenance Technician
Are you looking for an opportunity to further your career? Lehigh County Authority is seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Operations & Maintenance Technician to support our Suburban division. In this role, you will be responsible for performing all levels of skilled and unskilled technical work in the maintenance and operations of wastewater and water systems.
About Us and What We Offer You
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed. LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
At LCA we are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
As an LCA employee, you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Health, dental, vision, and sickness and accident coverage
• Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457( Empower)
What the Job Looks Like
As an Operations & Maintenance Technician, you will have an opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of the Lehigh County Authority through the following core job responsibilities:
• Maintains wastewater pumping and wastewater treatment plant stations by troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, and control problems, making repairs, keeping records, restocking materials, and supplies.
• Operates a variety of tools and equipment such as: backhoe, dump truck, other fleet vehicles, sewer cleaner, leak detection equipment, televising equipment, hole hog, line locating equipment, compressors, jackhammers, electrical meters, calibration equipment, and other plumbing, automotive, electrical, electronic equipment and tools.
• Performs heavy manual labor in digging up streets, making repairs, laying stone and gravel, shoveling, raking, loading, unloading, and related work
• Exercises valves and hydrants, performs mechanical repair, performs well station maintenance and repairs.
• Services and repairs pumps, motors, chlorinators, and other equipment. Participates in television monitoring survey and repair of sewers.
• Performs fire flow tests on hydrants and meter reading. Manages maintenance of well stations.
• Keeps records and prepares reports. May act as lead person on jobs requiring a crew, trains less experienced workers as required.
• Monitors and responds to SCADA alarms.
• Participates in emergency on-call program on a rotating basis.
• Performs other related work as required.
Important Qualifications to your Success
• Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Experience: 3+ years of hands-on experience in wastewater/water maintenance or operations is preferred.
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel and CMMS (or similar system) required.
• Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Licensure: Valid PA driver’s license with CDL Class A with tanker endorsement is preferred. New hires must obtain the appropriate licenses within 120 days of employment. Valid Class D (or better) wastewater distribution license and/or Collection system license is preferred at the time of hire. New hires must obtain the required license within 18 months of employment.
• Technical: Must be skilled in electronics, automotive repair, maintenance mechanical work, plumbing and related crafts.
• Scheduling: Availability to be on a 24 hour, 7 days a week standby service is required.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ogfCdfw4&s=website
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
• An updated resume
• Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position
• Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
Please create an account and log in to Jobvite to check the status of your application: https://id.jobvite.com/
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.