Support and Operations Analyst II
WIRELESS LAN (WLAN) SUPPORT AND OPERATIONS ANALYST II
Come be a part of our growth! Velaspan has an amazing opportunity for driven wireless networking professionals to support our ongoing growth and success. If you have at least 3-5 years’ experience in WLAN, are analytical, and take pride in providing exceptional service, this might be the job for you!
About Us and What We Offer You
Based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Velaspan is a leading professional services organization that specializes in wireless network design and consulting services. Velaspan consultants have been integral in the development of thousands of indoor and outdoor mobility solutions across virtually every business environment including enterprise, government, pharmaceutical, healthcare, manufacturing, logistics, and education. Leveraging extensive experience with wireless infrastructure and mobile data collection devices, Velaspan is uniquely positioned to design, deliver and support the mobility solution that is right for any business.
Benefits and Perks
At Velaspan we are passionate about the quality of our work. We are a dedicated group of professionals who love what we do and where we work. We are referred by the large tech vendors to solve problems others cannot solve. We are committed to excellence and take pride in our work. We strive to offer unmatched support to our customers. We offer our employees great perks like:
- A generous salary with opportunities for growth (starting salary will be based on qualifications)
- Generous paid time off
- Variety of benefits - including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
- Ability to contribute and be part of our exciting ongoing growth
- A fun job in the IT field working with the best in the industry
- Opportunities to work with clients in diverse industries
What the Job Looks Like
As an Analyst II, you will have direct interaction with our customers on a daily basis from a network design and operational support perspective.
- This is a very customer-facing role that requires the ability to work with a sense of urgency and handle pressure situations calmly.
- You will use your understanding of diverse wireless networking platforms to service and manage incoming technical support requests.
- Your role will also provide escalation support to lower-level support analysts. You will manage the higher-level issues and take ownership of those escalated problems. In addition, you will act as a mentor to the Analyst I associates.
- You will log all client interactions into an online case management system. In addition, you will monitor contracted client systems, proactively identifying WLAN-related issues.
- You will maintain updated online knowledge base for support and engineering issues.
- Your primary function will be to provide operations and support but a portion of your role will involve configuration and consulting at customer sites.
The travel required for this position may include local, national and international. Expected travel in this position is less than 25% of your time.
Important Qualifications to your Success
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science and a CCNA certification. CCNP Wireless, CWNE, Aruba ACMA/ACMP/ACCP certifications are a plus.
Experience: Must have 3-5 years’ experience in Wireless LAN technology with a strong understanding of routing and switching technologies and a foundation in information security.
Customer Service/Communication: You must be customer-focused, friendly, and outgoing. You must be confident with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Problem Solving Skills: You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires you to be able to take a different approach to develop solutions to customer issues.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. Experience with Linux/Unix a plus. Experience with a case management system a plus. Basic programming/scripting in current languages/platforms is also a plus.
Schedule: Must have flexibility with your schedule to assist with issues that arise during non-business hours.
Travel: Ability to travel locally, nationally, and internationally to client locations. Travel is less than 25% of the time.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=odKOefwJ&s=myHRpartner
Please note - to be considered, applicants must include:
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for Velaspan
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.