Community School Coordinator
Community School Coordinator
Are you seeking a career where you know you’re making a difference? Do you love working with young students and want to be an active part of the school and family community? Then this is the opportunity for you! As a Community School Coordinator with the Communities In Schools Organization, you’ll work right inside the school to develop strong relationships, use your creativity to organize events and meaningful activities, and most importantly, you’ll make a difference in the lives of young students!
About Us and What we Offer You
CIS is more than just a program - we are a team of caring individuals, motivated and trained to do whatever it takes to keep kids coming to the classroom ready to learn and to help prepare them for the future. We are the face of trusting relationships with families. We are the face of encouragement when students need some extra help achieving their goals. We are the face of student support across our community.
As a Community School Coordinator, you’ll be the face of CIS and based inside the school as an active member of the school community. You’ll collaborate with teachers, school leadership, and community partners to develop engaging activities in support of the school’s vision.
At CIS, we are fully focused on equity and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.
Benefits and Perks
At CIS, our employees are rewarded for their motivation to support others. We offer top-notch benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical plan, which includes access to free, 24-hour telemedicine
- A broad range of additional benefits, including dental, vision, life insurance, disability and HSA plans
- 401(k) with discretionary company match
- Generous paid time off, plus school holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Summer 4-day workweek
What the Job Looks Like
As a Community School Coordinator, you will work to implement the Community School model, through coordinated efforts with key stakeholders in areas such as improving student achievement through the development and scheduling of programs to support students and their families; enhancing the home to school relationship; assisting in the development and maintenance of the school as the hub of the community; and conducting periodic program evaluations and reports on operations and outcomes. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Implement data-driven interventions related to key priority areas, such as absenteeism, positive student behavior, and improving math and reading proficiency
- Work closely with school leadership to develop programs, strategies, and events while following the benchmarks of Communities In Schools
- Develop relationships and partnerships with neighborhood residents, community-based organizations, local businesses and communities of faith to support the goals of the leadership team and the key priority areas
- Engage parents/guardians through increased communication and family events
- Promote the Communities In Schools model in public settings to seek additional and stronger program and business partnerships
- Generate reports and share outcomes as requested
- Recruit, train and supervise all assigned staff and volunteers
- Serve as a well-informed ambassador in furthering the Communities In Schools mission, its goals, and programs
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience
- Experience in utilizing data to make data-driven decisions. Familiarity with educational funding and state reporting a plus.
- Experienced leadership for on-site coordination of service providers, volunteers, parents/guardians, students, and school staff
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with varying audiences, including students, families, school staff, and community leaders
- Ability and willingness to work independently and use creativity and initiative
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.