Wireless Systems Engineer - Bucks/Montgomery/Philadelphia Counties
WIRELESS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Come be a part of our growth! Velaspan is seeking a Wireless Systems Engineer to help support our growth in Bucks, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. As a Wireless Systems Engineer, you will join the team collaborating with clients while performing Wireless Site Survey, Spectrum Analysis, Wireless Network System Installation and Configuration, RF Coverage Verification, Network Troubleshooting. If you are a detailed oriented multi-tasker who enjoys a mix of focused work, travel, and collaborative client interaction, then this might be the job for you!
About Us and What We Offer You
Based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Velaspan is a leading professional services organization that specializes in wireless network design and consulting services. Velaspan consultants have been integral in the development of thousands of indoor and outdoor mobility solutions across virtually every business environment including enterprise, government, pharmaceutical, healthcare, manufacturing, logistics, and education. Leveraging extensive experience with wireless infrastructure and mobile data collection devices, Velaspan is uniquely positioned to design, deliver and support the mobility solution that is right for any business.
Benefits and Perks
At Velaspan we are passionate about the quality of our work. We are a dedicated group of professionals who love what we do and where we work. We are often referred within the wireless industry to solve problems others cannot solve and are committed to excellence and strive to offer unmatched support to our customers. We offer our employees great perks like:
- A generous salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Variety of benefits - including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
- Ability to contribute and be part of our exciting ongoing growth
- A fun job in the IT field working with the best in the industry
- Opportunities to work with clients in diverse industries
- Company-paid training opportunities
What the Job Looks Like
As a Wireless Systems Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the growth and success of Velaspan and our amazing clients. This exciting opportunity will allow you to expand your skills as a wireless networking professional and gain experience in an exciting role with unlimited opportunities for growth. Key responsibilities include:
- Interface with client contacts on a daily basis
- Make necessary travel arrangements and changes as required
- Maintain Velaspan supplied network test equipment, ensuring working order, configuration, and required inventory to complete specific engagements as assigned
- Manage time and schedule during onsite activities to ensure project completion
- Keep project management personnel informed of progress and potential issues
- Project tasks include: Wireless Site Survey, Spectrum Analysis, Wireless Network System Installation and Configuration, RF Coverage Verification, Network Troubleshooting
- Interface with Velaspan project management and sales staff during and after onsite activities
- Preparation of client-facing documentation
Important Qualifications to your Success
- 2-4 years of experience in a network administration or systems engineering role
- Prior experience with Wireless Network technologies not required but highly desired
- Skilled use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain meaningful professional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and sense of urgency
- Polished business communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to client sites and company events both by car and airplane
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oVNOefwu&s=myHRpartner
Please note – to be considered, applicants must include:
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for Velaspan
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application. If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request. Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.