Westgate Global Logistics has an exciting opportunity for a customer-focused, organized, and responsible Logistics Coordinator to join their team. In this position, you will play an active role in communicating with customers and carriers, maintaining a high level of service. This position provides a great opportunity to work in a small, friendly, team-oriented environment.
Based in Bethlehem, PA, Westgate Global Logistics has provided economical solutions to complex transportation problems for over 30 years. Family owned and operated since 1983, our core values of Integrity, Honesty, and Trust are embedded in our company’s philosophy and have allowed us to develop close relationships not just with our customers but with a strong network of carriers as well, who we can depend on to meet our customers’ expectations for service.
What the Job Looks Like
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will have the unique opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the success of Westgate and its customers. In this position, you will act as a liaison between our shipper clients and our carrier providers. You will receive requests, select the best carrier using our price/service criteria, transmit messages, track vehicles and promote our company’s interests as a solutions provider for our customers.
- Direct and prompt interaction with customers and carriers
- Communicating and working closely with internal colleagues
- Track status on all transactions; being alert for potential issues
- Scheduling and coordinating shipping arrangements for freight movement
- Manage each job from beginning to end
- Develop and expand relationships with customers and carriers
- Reach out to potential clients via phone and email to develop leads
- General office functions– filing, and assisting bookkeeper
What We Offer You
At Westgate Logistics, our employees love what they do and love where they work. We offer great perks including:
- Comfortable small office environment with a friendly staff
- Flexibility with your work schedule
- Comprehensive medical benefits and 401k plan for full-time employees
- Paid time off and company holidays
- A position where you are not micromanaged, but allowed to take ownership of your job
- Opportunity for personal growth
Important Qualifications To Your Success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain organized
- Proficiency with phone and computer – MS Word, MS Excel, and Gmail experience is preferred
- Willingness to learn new software programs
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with others in a team environment
- Maintain responsibility to manage and complete daily work
- Experience working in the logistics industry is preferred but not required
- Integrity to make the best decision for our customers and our company
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oUp4ffwm&s=myHRpartner
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
Applicants can check their status at https://myhrpartnerinc.com/client-jobs/. Scroll to the bottom to check on an application you have submitted.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.