Math is our passion. We’re seeking an outstanding Recruiter who will help us with the formula to grow our team with more people who share our enthusiasm and passion for numbers. This is a full-time, onsite position at our facility in New York, NY.
About Us and What We Offer You
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath is seeking a recruitment associate with exceptional organization and communication skills to conduct the overall full life-cycle staffing process for a broad range of roles across the Museum. This position will also provide varied support to MoMath’s expanding efforts to recruit and organize the adults, college students, and high school students who offer their time as volunteers.
Benefits and Perks
MoMath offers a variety of top-notch benefits including:
- A choice between three medical plans
- Dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Generous vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D coverage
What the Job Looks Like
As a Recruiter with MoMath, you’ll source the best candidates who share MoMath’s passion. Your key focus areas will include:
- Full-cycle recruiting in an ever-changing environment, focusing on a blend of positions, and ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Correspond with candidates throughout their process in a professional, approachable, and responsive manner.
- Conduct thorough candidate interviews to find the right match for the candidate and MoMath while providing a world-class candidate experience.
- Maintain a consistent, tight recruiting process while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Creatively build new pipelines for talent through research, job boards, networking, social media, relationships with schools, and employee referrals.
- Coordinate recruitment of volunteers for events, operations, and programs, including MoMath’s college summer volunteer program and high school volunteer program.
Important Qualifications to your Success
You understand the importance of MoMath’s vision and culture and are capable of bringing on the best people. In addition:
- You have demonstrated your ability to work as a high-performing recruiter/sourcer, preferably in a museum or non-profit setting in a high-growth and/or fast-paced environment, with five or more years of professional experience.
- You are experienced in recruiting utilizing personal warm markets and cold sources including resources specifically designed to attract candidates of diverse backgrounds, social media, job board resources, recruiting events/ networking events, referrals, etc.
- You are a team player, possess a strong sense of urgency, are responsive and organized.
- You can successfully execute searches with very little oversight.
- You have successful experience in full life cycle recruiting, from initial intake meeting through offer negotiations.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
To apply, please send the following to [email protected], with a subject line that includes “Recruiter” and your name: A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria; a current résumé, including grade point averages; and a 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.
MoMath actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Equal opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.