The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath is seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee the maintenance of the Museum facility (excluding exhibits) and to coordinate and participate in the physical management of the Museum’s various moveable assets related to its exhibit programs.
This is a full-time permanent position that offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a robust maintenance program for building systems
- Monitor maintenance contracts (HVAC, lighting controls, AV, elevator, security, plumbing,…)
- Negotiate contracts upon renewal / research competitive alternate vendors when needed.
- Monitor required inspections
- Coordinate custodial cleaning program
- Identify and help coordinate needed repairs and maintenance for ordinary wear-and-tear.
- Pay regular attention to facility appearance
- Establish and maintain inventory accounting system for exhibit related materials distributed across and moving between multiple locations
- Assist in transporting MoMath exhibit materials between the Museum and multiple storage locations
- Knowledge of building systems and experience with vendors associated with their maintenance
- Demonstrated record of excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and reliability
- Three to five years of relevant work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong communication skills
To apply, please email the following to [email protected] with a subject line that includes “Facilities Manager” and your name; a cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria; a current résumé, including grade point averages; and a separate 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.