Utility Technicians - Water & Sewer
Lehigh County Authority has several exciting opportunities for skilled individuals with maintenance, electrical, and/or equipment operation experience and/or knowledge.
Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed.
LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
As an LCA employee, you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
• Health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
• Company provided life insurance
• Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(Empower)
SUMMARY OF OPENINGS:
Operations & Maintenance Technician
- Performs entry-level through highly skilled work in the maintenance and operation of the LCA Suburban water and wastewater systems.
- Work involves varied customer service, water system operation and maintenance, wastewater operation and maintenance, and related duties. Many of the tasks are performed singly, but a number require the effort of several working in concert.
- Individuals in this role work from established routines and specific instructions and operate a variety of machines, tools, equipment, and truck pertaining to the water and sewer maintenance and construction fields. Performs various tasks related to wastewater system, water system, and well-station maintenance. Will also be involved in heavy manual labor and truck operation to make system repairs.
- Valid PA driver’s license with CDL Class B with air brakes and tanker endorsement is preferred. New hires must obtain the appropriate licenses within 90 days of employment. Individuals in this role must have the ability to be on-call for 24-hour periods. Possession of a Pennsylvania Drinking Water or Wastewater System Operators certification is desirable.
- The individual in this role will perform a variety of duties to maintain, construct, and repair water distribution, storm and sanitary sewer lines in LCA’s Allentown City locations.
- Will be responsible for working from established routines and specific instructions and operates a variety of general and special purpose equipment such as trucks, air compressors, jackhammers, vac-all, small pumps, and cement mixers.
- Will be working directly with customers and must provide quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to customers, citizens, and internal departments.
- Valid PA driver’s license with CDL Class B with air brakes and tanker endorsement is preferred. New hires must obtain the appropriate licenses within 90 days of employment. Valid Class E water distribution license and/or Collection system license is preferred at the time of hire. New hires must obtain the required license within 18 months of employment
- Candidate must have availability to be on a 24 hour, 7 days a week standby service for at least one week out of the year.
Education, knowledge, and experience requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
- Knowledge of, and 1 or more years of hands-on experience in utility or other related construction fields. Experience in water and sewer pipe repairs methods and tools is highly desired.
- For an experienced role, candidates must possess past industry experience along with electrical skills training.
- Ability speak and write clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to work outdoors under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow standard routines and practices on water and sewer line maintenance, repairs, and construction.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, and work from maps and specific instructions.
- Ability to operate Sewer Jet, Jet Vac and rubber tired front end loader and front end of a backhoe.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oQGGgfwc&s=myHRpartner
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of credit, drug screen, and criminal background checks.
We realize that that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.