Exciting new opportunity for an experienced customer focused professional looking to take their career to the next level! BSI Corporate Benefits is seeking an Account Director to join the fast-paced, high-intensity, customer-centric team in our Bethlehem, PA office. Experience managing a book of business in the health insurance industry is required. Come be a part of our success story!
BSI Corporate Benefits is an independent employee benefits consulting firm representing over 100 corporate clients across the US and Canada from its locations in Bethlehem, PA and Southfield, MI. We specialize in health, life, disability and other insurance needs. Our approach of balance, strength and integrity allows us to provide superior service to our clients.
What Makes this Job So Unique?
As an Account Director you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the success of BSI and its clients through the following core job responsibilities:
- Manage Key Accounts within BSI’s Book of Business including strategic planning, long-term relationships, and analyzing current plans as well as future opportunities
- Establish strategic goals for all key accounts
- Ensure the Account Management team successfully meets all established goals for key accounts
- Manage and execute the complete Strategic Renewal Process including compiling data for RFP, meetings with the internal team on marketing, coordinating Open Enrollment meetings and necessary follow-up by verifying correct rates/plans are implemented by the carrier
- Prepare and execute presentations related to Pre-Renewal, Renewal, Year-End Review, Multi-Year Planning, etc. for each key account
- Prepare and deliver client monthly and quarterly reports with in coordination with the Actuary.
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the issues and laws pertinent to the industry, including the Affordable Care Act
- Communicate with Executive team regularly on all accounts
- Provide outstanding customer service to all current and prospective clients
- Strategize with the entire Executive Team to make decisions on the needs and growth of the agency
- Build on BSI value added products and services
- Support Agency Principal and Producers with new business proposal developments
- Prepare and attend prospect meetings with Agency Principal or Producers
- Conduct transition meetings with new clients
Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or other related field preferred
- 3-5 years of Carrier, Agency, or HR & Benefits experience preferred
- Prior experience managing an Account Team a plus
- Insurance Licenses (Life, Accidental & Health) required or completed within 90 days from date of hire.
- Comprehensive understanding of insurance rating processes for fully-insured, experience rated, and self-funded plans
- Experience spread-sheeting rates and interpreting reports from insurance carriers
- Superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to present professionally via in-person, phone and written communication methods
- Ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with clients and carrier representatives
- Exceptional active listening skills
- Strong computer skills inclusive of the MS Office Suite. Prior experience with Zywave Brokerage Builder preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Self-starter with the willingness to learn and work independently
What We Offer You
At BSI our team of dedicated employees love what they do and love where they work. We offer great perks like:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employer paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Retirement plan with generous company match
- Paid Time Off benefits
- 11 company paid Holidays including your birthday
- Bonus opportunities
- Company events
- Fun, team-spirited work environment
How Do I Apply?
To apply please submit the following
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for BSI Corporate Benefits
- Salary Requirements
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.