School Groups Coordinator
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides a diverse audience insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics. Its dynamic exhibits and programs stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath is seeking a School Groups Coordinator with excellent administrative and customer service skills to serve as the point of contact with schools for planning and scheduling field trips to the Museum. This is a full-time permanent position based in New York City. It offers a full suite of benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Museum to teachers and other visitors planning class trips for K-12 students
- Maximize Museum attendance by scheduling a high volume of school visits
- Maintain ownership of a complex and fluid calendar of visiting groups
- Manage the invoicing process, including checking that invoices match the correct services and ensuring that they are paid
- Advise visiting groups on details of arrangements, such as the most appropriate presentations for the class and the availability of resources
- Obtain information from groups prior to their visit (special needs, photo releases, etc.)
- Accurately track details of visits and transactions in a variety of spreadsheets and lists
- Obtain feedback from visitors after their visit; provide periodic summaries and reports
- Expand MoMath’s engagement with schools, teachers, and students
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Museum and departmental policies
- Contribute to a variety of other Museum efforts as the need arises
- A record of success in a call center, help desk, retail, or other sales role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organization skills, in order to flawlessly work across multiple systems and spreadsheets
- Professional and polished phone presentation skills and written communication skills
- Experience with some complex administrative function, and strong spreadsheet and analytical skills
- Team orientation, with the ability to work in close cooperation with other museum staff members
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills; ability to be calm under pressure; enthusiasm; and a strong work ethic
How To Apply
Please email the following materials to [email protected] with a subject line that includes “School Groups Coordinator” and your name: A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria; a current résumé, including grade point averages; and a separate 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.
MoMath actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Equal opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.