Sales Development Representative
Do you love connecting with people? If so, NACE is seeking an engaging and collaborative, part-time Sales Development Representative to join their team. You will assist with the planning and execution of sponsored events such as webinars and educational programs by interacting with members, prospects, and sponsors via email and phone. Use your world-class customer service and communication skills to educate and engage leaders in business and higher education in a culture that is passionate about education!
What you’ll do
As our Sales Development Representative, you will be a trusted liaison in obtaining collateral and marketing details from sponsors, customers, and NACE departments to fulfill sponsorship obligations. You will regularly interact with members, prospects, and staff by email and phone, process orders, conduct internet research, and establish relationships with sponsors and prospects. Day to day you’ll:
- Communicate with all sponsors to collect assets, confirm benefits, share assets with internal teams, send attendee reports/pertinent data to sponsors, and answer all correspondences and phone calls to ensure quality care to each specific request.
- Own the process of prospect outreach, including: research of companies that have products/services for NACE audiences, build and maintain lists of prospects, and develop relationships with companies that have products or services for NACE audiences.
- Evaluate and respond to prospective and active customer inquiries by telephone and e-mail; utilize a creative approach when developing customized information packets and performing active follow up to ensure the transition from prospect to customer.
- Connect with new NACE Business Affiliate members to make introduction and explain NACE advertising and sponsorship products.
- Advise members/nonmembers on products and services via phone and email to meet their individual needs.
- Process sales transactions which include but are not limited to advertising and sponsorship orders.
- Assist with creating sponsor packages for NACE in-person and virtual events.
- Work with Business Development and Outreach Manager on other assigned projects.
What you need to thrive in this role
- 1 to 3 years of customer service experience; experience with associations or not-for-profits a plus.
- Hands-on team player with a positive attitude, strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative when researching information on prospective companies and cold calling new prospects.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, internet search engines, and social networking sites; familiarity with Smartsheet software and customer databases a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of NACE membership structure, programs, products, services, and policies.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) is the foremost provider of professional development and educational programs related to the career development and hiring of the college educated.
NACE is the leading voice on emerging issues and trends; a vital professional network for learning and benchmarking; and a trusted source for knowledge, standards, competencies for professional practice, and advocacy pertinent to workforce policy issues. Visit www.naceweb.org to learn more.
What we offer you
NACE employees receive a competitive salary and enjoy a work environment that values collaboration, innovation, and excellence. Additionally, part-time employees receive benefits such as paid time off/vacation time, and four hours of paid time for each company-recognized holiday while employed at NACE.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o95Rgfw5&s=myHRpartner
(Is this a job you want to, and can do? If not, feel free to share this link with someone who can say yes, and yes!)
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization.
Thank you for considering us as a potential employer!
We are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe deeply in diversity and all the fascinating characteristics that make us each unique.