Senior Formulator (Adhesives & Coatings)
Due to our steady growth, Lamtec Corporation has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Formulator to join our R&D team developing products that maintain our reputation as a leading supplier of insulation vapor retarders and facing products.
In this role, you will formulate and evaluate our adhesives and coatings, present your findings to our leadership team and make recommendations on next steps. Strong project management skills and a mindset of learning from failure and working through it will be critical to your success in this dynamic role.
About Us and What we Offer You
Lamtec Corporation is a privately-owned manufacturer of insulation vapor retarders and facings for the building products industry. For over 40 years, we have been supporting our customers with excellent products, competitive pricing, on-time delivery, and comprehensive technical support. Every day, Lamtec employees come to work with the simple goal of being our customer’s best supplier.
Located in Mount Bethel, PA, near Route 611 and I-80, Lamtec is very convenient for employees living in the Lehigh Valley, Stroudsburg and Northwest New Jersey.
Benefits and Perks
As the global leader in our market segments, we recognize our success is due to our dedicated employees. We take seriously the sentiment that you should treat others as you would want to be treated.
In addition to a highly competitive compensation plan, Lamtec offers an AMAZING benefits package that is 100% company paid! The 100% company paid medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans includes coverage for all employees and their eligible family members. Our benefits include the following:
- Medical Benefits with Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Optional Flexible Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
What the Job Looks Like
- Formulate and evaluate raw materials for adhesives and coatings and evaluate/modify existing products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read, understand, and comply with SDS’s and promote a positive, safety culture.
- Gather or order necessary chemicals and materials to conduct testing and experiments.
- Create and conduct testing on laminates per established procedures.
- Follow through with new formulation trials from Mixing to Production to Quality Assurance testing.
- Change focus as needed to prioritize unexpected daily tasks.
- Use project management skills to create action plans and set project goals.
- Communicate action plans and expected completion dates.
- Collaborate with other lab staff and production team.
- When projects are completed, summarize in a meaningful way what worked, what didn’t work, why, and next steps.
- Present data and make recommendations to R&D and senior leadership.
- Maintain accurate, organized, and up-to-date lab notebooks.
- Mentor R&D and other team members.
- Attend weekly R&D team and other meetings as required.
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 10 years’ bench-chemistry experience in an industrial setting, formulating adhesives and/or coatings.
- Extensive experience in formulating water-based systems.
- Experience with one-part adhesives, coatings, or latex paint preferred.
- Willingness to extend schedule to complete important trials and projects.
- DOE and wet chemistry experience required. FTIR experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of and familiarity with lab equipment, including pH meter, viscometer, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced ability to analyze, interpret, and present data to a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and follow-through independently.
- Computer literacy, including MS Office software and the aptitude to learn other software.
- Ability to travel based on company needs (up to 15%).
- This job requires the ability to stand or walk for 80-90% of the workday throughout lab and production facility. Lifting of up to 25 lbs. independently is required; ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
Apply to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o6lWbfwi&s=website
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.