Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the Diboll Correctional Facility in Diboll, Texas we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions. Hiring immediately!
Reports to the principal. Responsible for providing vocational instruction to inmates in accordance with approved curricula in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Deliver individualized competency based instruction through classroom and laboratory management in the occupational program areas taught to inmates.
- Develop performance objectives and criterion-referenced tests in accordance with established program content
- Review, select and adapt instructional materials to help individuals reach mastery of the competencies required for entry, advancement and upgrading occupations.
- Plan activities to efficiently initiate budget requests to assure that all equipment, supplies and materials are available to support a progressive training schedule.
- Monitor motivation, discipline and learning difficulties to bring about positive changes in the behavior of inmates.
- Execute all applicable forms to adhere to facility procedures.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Texas State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) teacher certification in Trade and Industrial Education with appropriate work approval -OR- Vocational Trades and Industry with appropriate work approval -OR- Hold an alternate teacher certification that meets SBEC requirements for the area of assignment.
- - - OR - - -
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university and three (3) years of full- time, wage-earning experience, within the last eight (8) years, in the subject content area of assignment.
- - OR - - -
High School Diploma from an accredited high school, or hold a GED equivalent and five (5) years of full-time, wage-earning experience, within the last eight (8) years, in the subject content area of assignment.
- For Horticulture Courses: the teacher must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and have three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in Horticulture.
- The applicant also needs experience in painting and facility care.
All work experience must be verified by a History of Qualifications (HOQ) and approved by TDCJ-PFCMOD.
Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Apply October 12, 2020 until filled.
Select Diboll and Vocational Instructor to apply.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran