Supervisor, Career Support Counseling
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Philadelphia Job Corps we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions.
1. Plan, coordinate and supervise the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
2. Evaluate staff performance, provide staff training, and recommend and implement department and personnel changes to the manager, career services.
3. Facilitate with the director employability in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
4. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting counseling services, CPP
and ACT/OCT programs.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Develop and implement an effective counseling services program; take appropriate steps to ensure that administration procedures are followed, such as adequate record keeping, maintenance of schedules, etc.
7. Develop, implement and maintain collaborative system of communication between counseling services,center staff and outside community services to facilitate student progress and performance; evaluate all center counseling components and recommend modifications.
8. Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted; coordinate with the manager, wellness for mental health services.
9. Coordinate activities of the maximum benefits, including ESP scheduling and monitoring.
10. Coordinate career success standards activities.
11. Audit counseling files for data integrity.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services and three years related experience required, two of which should be in a supervisory capacity. Knowledge of human behavior, individual and group counseling techniques, management skills and case summaries preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran