Residential Advisor (full-time)
What do three top VPs at our organization have in common? Their first job with Job Corps was as a Residential Advisor. RAs act in one of the most important roles at the Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Center by providing guidance and life lessons to at-risk youth who are pursuing the education, training, and life skills they need. Does your current job give you the opportunity to make a lasting social impact in your community? Our RAs do so every day. Apply now and see how far you can go.
1. Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
2. Determine, recommend and arrange student visits to counselor.
3. Direct dorm activities as designated including dorm government and dorm courts.
4. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
5. Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
6. Transport students to and from recreational functions.
7. Prepare the morning report, pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
8. Direct students or assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience in counseling, social work, child care, rehabilitation or vocational guidance.
2. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
3. Unless waived by management, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran