Job Description: Technology Manager
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, with an international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams, the impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand. We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth. Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
The Technology Manager is responsible for oversight of campaign set up within ad server and governance of taxonomy standards to ensure consistency of how data is managed across the account. There will be an added focus on how we can integrate AdTech with MarTech by leveraging existing technologies to create a holistic view across both advertising and marketing for our clients, emphasis on Google, Adobe, Salesforce and Group M platforms.
The Technology Manager role offers a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, confident, and dedicated person to join a fast-paced team. This is a great chance for anyone looking to further themselves and grow in a very excising and rapidly evolving area of the industry, and gain valuable experience working with some of the biggest technology partners in the world.
What will be your responsibilities?
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Technology Manager are as follows:
- Manage the trafficking of display campaigns within the ad server whilst working to strict campaign deadline and delivery expectations
- Provide governance for taxonomy standards ensuring they meet all requirements and are future proof to support reporting and trafficking
- Deployment of tags through client’s tag management systems to ensure data capture is up to date
- Required to manage the implementation of any other 3rd party tracking tools for campaign optimisation and reporting
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of reporting dashboard to visualise campaign performance
- Problem solving and troubleshooting technology issues. This includes a wide range of issues around trafficking, site tagging, analytic data anomalies and providing both solutions and short-term workarounds to prevent bottlenecks
- Manage the day to day responsibilities of a team of Technology Executives and ensure efficient and accurate delivery of work
- Responsible for the learning and development of Technology Executives
- Begin to develop an understanding of how we can integrate Ad Tech and Mar Tech and the use cases for this
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 year’s experience within a technology/ad operations team
- Has an in-depth knowledge of ad serving and analytics platforms
- Has a passion for technology and has an understanding of the major players within the Ad Tech space
- Analytical degree preferred, or an individual who can show evidence of how they solved problems during degree / previous work
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
Experience that would be advantageous
- Intermediate knowledge of marketing cloud platforms
- Basic knowledge of DMP solutions
- A proactive team player
- A confident self-starter who can proactively manage team expectations, clients and internal stakeholders
- Is a fast learner who is able to work effectively in an organised manner
- A good problem solver
- Results-driven and results-focused
- Someone who knows how to prioritise tasks to deliver results
- Well-organized with an attention to detail