Paid Search Senior Account Executive
Reporting To: Jonathan Davies, Paid Search Account Director
Key Client Responsibilities: Toyota / Lexus UK (100%)
Location: Toyota HQ Epsom (3 days), m/SIX London (2 days)
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the client?
The Toyota/Lexus account is a key piece of business for the agency and we have now successfully built an in-house team at the client offices in Epsom. The account is 100% integrated with a creative team and includes various specialists to ensure data and insight-led planning is at the heart of what we do. We’ve established a great team with strong feedback, campaign results and award wins.
Toyota and Lexus expect The&Partnership, as their lead agency, to work with them at the very start of the marketing process. This means our briefs begin with business problems, with us inputting on which models to support, audiences to focus on, and agreeing the most suitable KPIs. Our recommendations are expected to extend wider than just media/creative solutions and be very detailed in our audience, creative and media recommendations.
Toyota is the world’s second biggest global car manufacturer and one of the UK’s leading car brands. Lexus is one of the fastest growing premium brands. These are very exciting clients to work with, with large budgets divided across brand and performance campaigns. Our great past, present and future campaigns include the Lexus Hoverboard, Toyota C-HR and Corolla launches and Olympics and IAAF partnerships.
The main creative and media team is based in the Epsom office which means we have a very strong relationship with each other and our client. We sit in the marketing department so that we really do behave like a true extension of their team. Typically, this role will spend 3 days a week in Epsom and 2 days a week in London at M/Six and The&Partnership offices. An element of flexibility is required to ensure we are available for our clients and work around their business commitments. The Toyota offices are large but welcoming, set within landscaped gardens so that we are surrounded by greenery. We encourage our team to spend time here and in the M/Six and &Partnership London offices so that everyone gets the benefit of both worlds.
What is the role?
The Paid Search Senior Account Executive is responsible for the day to day campaign management and set up, optimisation, reporting, innovation and best practice implementation. The role requires someone with excellent Paid Search knowledge and hands on Channel skills combined with strong organisational and communication skills as this person will be having regular contact with the clients to discuss day-to-day performance and forward-thinking ideas. The senior Account Executive will be supported by the Account Director.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Hands-on PPC campaign management from set-up to optimisation and measurement within Native and 3rd party PPC management consoles i.e. SA360
- Carry out thorough optimisation of the Paid Search campaigns inc. automated rules to improve performance based on the client’s KPIs
- Assist the PPC Account Director on the Media Plan creation by collating the required data and insights using the relevant tools i.e. Search Trends, Keyword planner etc
- Manage client media briefs with the AD’s guidance ensuring appropriate budgets are secured and clear and achievable KPIs are agreed
- Implement and analysis testing and innovation opportunities to optimize search campaigns to improve performance
- Complete client reporting in a timely manner and to the required standards
- Carry out regular campaign and budget management checks
- Contribute to regular client meetings preparing material and presenting on performance and account actions
- Analyse campaign data to inform future optimisation opportunities and drive actionable insights
- Work with the Account Director to scope out new opportunities to improve performance and drive innovation
- Understand, get trained and implement the MSIX Finance and PO Process
- Effectively communicate with your Manager, Client Team and Clients regarding deadlines and delivery of work
- Train, support and guide the PPC Account Executive through the different tasks while helping out with prioritisation
Who are you?
- A PPC specialist with min. 6-9 months’ hands-on experience setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns
- Comfortable with navigating through the different platforms, UIs and third-party tools i.e. SA360
- Proficient with optimising PPC campaigns for different KPIs inc. automation
- An understanding of the role of Audiences on Paid Search and the activation principles
- Google Basic and Advance qualification
- Analytically minded with the ability to interpret data and identify trends
- Eager to improve knowledge and skills through continuous training
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Experience using features of Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel
- Someone with positive attitude & enthusiasm
- You are pro-active and driven to deliver best in class planning and output for your clients
- You have strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- You are approachable and friendly
How will success in this role be measured?
- An increase in key performance KPIs and insight generation for your clients
- A tangible difference in the account performance and client’s operating efficiency
- A more efficient output of work, to excellent quality and on a timely basis
- A positive impact seen across the business with verified feedback from senior clients and internal stakeholders