Digital Account Executive
Job title: Digital Account Executive:
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the world’s fastest-growing media planning & buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market-leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at EA, News UK, Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has one key ambition: to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are Energetic, Pioneering and Honest. These are specific to us, and reflect the culture of the agency and significantly the behaviours we seek out day to day within the business. We want to encourage individual Energy to all projects, to be Pioneering within our industry, and regularly receive Honest, and clear feedback.
Toyota and Lexus expect The&Partnership, as their lead agency, to work with them at the very start of the marketing process. This means our briefs begin with business problems, with us inputting on which models to support, audiences to focus on, and agreeing the most suitable KPIs.
The key client responsibilities of this role will be:
- The Digital Account Executive will work closely with the Digital Account Director to support on delivering the digital strategy and digital roadmap across display, online video, PPC and paid social
- A key point of liaison between the media planning team and digital leads, ensuring key info is passed between the teams, media plans are accurate, regularly updated and aligned to briefs and digital output is aligned across all channels
- Work with the Comms Planning Executive and digital buyers to ensure finance systems are kept up to date and spend levels are in line with planned
In preparation for this next phase of our journey, m/SIX needs an individual who can:
- Integrate with a creative team
- Work with specialists to ensure data and insight-led planning is at the heart of what we do
- Extend work wider than just media/creative solutions and be very detailed in our audience, creative and media recommendations
- Behave like a true extension of the clients’ team
- Assisting the Digital Account Director on strategic digital campaign responses (primarily across programmatic and paid social channels)
- Assisting in producing weekly reporting data and commentary, ensuring accuracy of data and provision of useful insights from the digital team for weekly client meetings
- Feeding into new campaign briefs from the planning team to digital specialists, ensuring strong communication and sharing of all necessary background info between planning and digital teams
- Sense-checking digital media plans for accuracy, suitability against brief and alignment across digital channels as a whole
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key digital partners to ensure you are aware of the latest opportunities/ad products - and seeking bespoke innovative opportunities for our clients
- Analysing campaign results and helping to identify actionable insights and learnings to feed into future campaigns
- Feeding into post-campaign analysis (PCAs) reports
- Sharing recent activity and learnings with the central hub team to feed into reporting across markets
- Working with the Technology team and Comms Planning Executive to ensure all data sources are pulling into real-time reporting dashboards
- Working with account teams and digital specialists on ad hoc tasks
- Developing digital knowledge via training courses and meetings with key vendors
- Working closely with the digital channel leads and Comms Planning team to ensure digital targets are understood, plans are updated as needed as changes occur, and monitor progression against targets on a regular basis
- Working closely with the Digital Account Director to ensure we deliver a best in class digital offering to the client
- Working alongside the SEO team and client web teams to ensure a holistic approach to our clients’ digital offering and user journeys
- Support the Digital Account Director on ad hoc tasks as required
Core Competencies and skills required
- Ideally some work experience or internship working within digital marketing
- Potentially already work in a programmatic or biddable team and have a desire to focus on a more holistic role learning about multiple digital channels
- High attention to detail
- Energised and enthusiastic
- Numerate and analytical
- Planned and organised
- Proactive & inquisitive
- Passion for digital –an appetite for learning about the latest channel, format, or targeting method
- Strong communicator & collaborator – ability to coordinate tasks across a wide range of people
- Proficient at Excel and PowerPoint
What Success Looks Like:
- Client satisfaction of our digital capabilities in the UK through Flock Survey
- UK Digital award wins for innovative and best in class work
- Great client feedback of integrated media and create responses to campaign briefs
- Great team feedback on digital integration
*Please note - if you were to be successful, you would be required to work form the client's office in Epsom two days a week.