Analytics Director (Econometrics)
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the world’s fastest-growing media planning & buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market-leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at EA, News UK, TalkTalk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has one key ambition: to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are Energetic, Pioneering and Honest. These are specific to us, and reflect the culture of the agency and significantly the behaviours we seek out day to day within the business. We want to encourage individual Energy to all projects, to be Pioneering within our industry, and regularly receive Honest, and clear feedback.
Role Responsibilities : Own responsibility for efficient running of team, project delivery and commercial objectives working with one of m/SIX’s largest global clients
Core Competencies and Skills Required
- Experience : Quantitative graduate with min 6-10 years’ experience in a marketing, media or business planning environment. Likely to be a stats / maths / economics graduate. Should have good familiarity with marketing / media metrics and data.
- Client Liaison - Mid-level : Being able to liaise with mid-level clients, take briefs and suggest outline responses.
- Client Liaison - Senior : Work directly with senior level clients. Anticipate their requests, respond accordingly. Build strong client relationships.
- Consulting / client problem solving : Listen and understand client issues. Gather information. Consider the contribution of data and analytics. Suggest options.
Modelling process skills
- Data specification : Be able to write a data specification based on the requirements of a specific project.
- Data Formatting : Format data using Excel or R. Create data frames. Understand data matrices. Prepare data for analysis.
- Descriptive Analysis : Undertake basic descriptive analysis in Excel or R. E.g. histograms, X,Y plots, Correlations etc
- Excel skills : Be proficient in the use of Excel.
- Model building and Testing : Be able to manipulate data in R, write functions, research functions, write bespoke functions. Be able to build linear and non-linear regression models in R. Experience in using econometrics for forecasting.
- Programming language (e.g. R) : Be at least Intermediate level and preferably advanced.
- Project scoping / writing proposals : Be able to understand a brief and write a logical and persuasive response in the form of a project proposal / scope of work.
- Project management: Be able to manage progress a project from sign off to delivery and ensure the project is delivered on time and on brief
- Presentation - presenting / meetings : Be able to present confidently and convincingly in client meetings
- Presentation - writing : Be able to write persuasive presentations which are written to the be easily accessible to clients. Focus on generating actionable insight.
- Team Management : Be able to manage the grades below you
- Recruitment : Be able to source and interview the levels below your level
- Think pieces : Writing think pieces
- Awards: Write awards entries for project work
- Training : Help train other members of the team and contribute to agency training.
What success looks like
- Helping develop a strong and successful team
- Project delivery : Ensure projects are delivered to a high standard
- Client satisfaction : Contributing to good levels of client satisfaction in project outcomes – becoming the clients business partner in media analytics
- Award wins : Contributing to the winning of awards
- Ad hoc development : Using own initiative to develop routines, functions and process changes which can improve overall team output
- Think pieces : Writing or scoping think pieces that can be used by the department or the agency