Movent | Senior Backend Developer
REPORTING OF THE ROLE
This role reports to the Backend Team Lead
3 Best Things About The Job:
- Working in a start-up mentality with the backing of the world’s largest media investment company!
- Interact with people from countries all around the world, challenging you to support them and ensuring the best product performance
- Flexibility and Empowerment – to best support the team you will need an agile approach to deal with frequent business requirement changes.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
In three months:
- You must able to show good proficiency in API Development using Symfony 4.
- Being able to handle medium scale tasks with minimal supervision
In six months:
- You must able to show high proficiency in API Development using Symfony 4.
- Being able to handle larger scale tasks with minimal supervision
- All you code should have proper automated testing in place
In 12 months:
- Be able to pro-actively propose improvement in the way we develop using Symfony 4
- Be a key element of the backend team, mentoring the juniors and ensuring the high level of quality of your deliverables
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and maintain API-based backend application using PHP 7
- Troubleshooting, Unit Testing, Automated Test Script
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Graduate of any 4 - 5 year Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience as PHP Developer (or similar)
- Technical knowledge/hard skills:
- Proficient in Symfony 4 and REST API development
- Advanced knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in Java 8 and/or Python 3.6 is a plus
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Proactive and able to work under pressure
- Passionate about new technologies
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Highly driven, proactive, and resourceful
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- A hands-on operator prepared to get involved in operational areas
- Welcomes challenges.
Acquired by WPP in 2013 and previously known as Netbooster Asia, Movent has evolved from the leading digital agency in the Philippines to a specialized Tech & Data company with global influence. Today, we proudly conceptualize, design and develop solutions that shape digital advertising of the future. Led by entrepreneurs, made of technologists and driven by innovation, our team has stood together for more than 10 years, developing a unique expertise in the digital content and media business. Based in the heart of BGC in a modern open office, we are part of GroupM, managing nearly one in every two ads in the Philippines.
About the project:
We’re building a world leading content marketing platform. We aim at answering what content a brand should do and with whom. Value extraction from the processing and analysis of web and social content data is done through our own AI infrastructure. We have developed an API driven platform using a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and industry standards like Google’s Tensorflow, Facebook’s PyTorch and Apache Spark for machine learning, Elasticsearch for distributed search and analytics, Apache Kafka for building scalable streaming data pipeline all of which are built on top of PHP-based API-Platform and ReactJS that leverages automated deployment and scaling via Kubernetes.
About our team:
We are about 50 business analysts, UX specialists, Data specialists, Junior and Expert developers, QA managers and support leads. We value curiosity, initiative, collaboration and education. We train new members and promote self-learning to constantly acquire new technologies. We have strong family values, we promote a healthy work-life balance and adopted flexible ways of working based on performance and responsibility.
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years.
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.