Grounds Person - Arborist Assistant, Monster Tree Service Ann Arbor
Grounds Person/ Arborist Assistant
Monster Tree is an established and successful full-service company that is growing nationally and in your area. Our Pinckney location has an opening for a Grounds Person. If you are motivated, career oriented and dedicated to a higher standard of tree care, then we would like to meet you!
We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, training, year-round employment, a positive and respectful work environment, and more.
- Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment
- Unloads, lays out, prepares and stows materials, tools and equipment at work site.
- Works from the ground using handsaws, poles saws. Drives trucks or operates other equipment as assigned. Such as log movers, stump grinders, etc.
- Services trucks and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area, staying in frequent communication with workers aloft.
- Participates in weekly safety meeting and daily job briefings.
- Adheres to all industry and company safety standards and policies including the use of PPE at all times. Helps enforce job safety practices.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Operates and maintains chippers, chainsaws, and all other equipment in a safe manner
- Prior experience with trimming, limbing, chipper and saw operation is preferred.
- A clean valid Driver’s License is required, CDL is a plus.
- Must be able to carry 50lbs at minimum and work outside in all weather conditions
Monster Tree Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer