Engineer, End User Services -
Purpose of this role:
This role supports and maintains Moneris’ End-User Enablement Device Technologies. This includes image development and release strategy for Windows 10/Mac OS, end-user hardware and software standardization, support and management of Device Management Solutions (i.e. Endpoint Manager, SCCM), and GPO administration through active directory. This role also provides third level support to Service Desk and Deskside support teams to ensure timely and accurate support for unresolved end-user escalations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsible for maintaining end-user hardware and software standards.
- Work collaboratively with end-users to understand and document hardware and software requirements.
- Research, test and publish new hardware and software standards to support end-user needs and workflows.
- Document and train Service Desk and Tier 2 Deskside Support teams as required on new and changing support requirements for newly introduced hardware and software items.
- Responsible for the image development, security and release strategy for Windows 10 and Mac OS computing endpoints.
- Execute planning and testing of all regular OS updates ensuring minimal disruption to end-users.
- Patch management of Windows and Mac OS endpoints
- Works collaboratively with Information Security teams on the testing, deployment and vulnerability management.
- Management of end-point devices through the Endpoint Manager MDM and related SaaS platforms
- Create, modify and deploy GPOs to meet business requirements
- Act as a project SME and resource for SCCM, MDM and GPO related tasks
- Develop scripts to automate application deployment and promote end user self-service
- Review regular security compliance reporting and establish appropriate processes to maintain high compliance for end-points.
- Provide third level support to Service Desk and Deskside service desk staff for complex end-user escalations not resolved through standard support channels.
- Monitor and review end-user incidents to identify trends indicating any systemic issues or training and improvement opportunities to decrease support calls and increase 1st call resolution.
- Responsible for proof of concept activities on new end-user device and enablement technologies to enhance the end-user experience and enable a new modern workforce. This includes, but is not limited to new technologies to support a more streamlined and user-friendly device deployment experience.
- Perform other duties within the team, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related business experience
- 5+ years related experience in an end-user enablement and support role
- Expert working knowledge with a variety of end-user devices including desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with SCCM to facilitate patch management and application deployments
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with active directory group policy management
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with Endpoint Manager MDM platform to facilitate and drive device management
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with application scripting and automation
- Experience with writing Run-books, Build-books to support current and future state systems.
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex end-user escalations with focus on Microsoft Windows, MAC OS and MS Office Applications
- Expert working knowledge with SCCM (including system administration and configuration along with reporting and troubleshooting)
- Experience with End-User technologies related to desktops, laptops and mobile devices, operating systems including iOS, Android, MAC OS and Windows 10
- Intermediate knowledge and experience working Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Intermediate knowledge and experience working Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal)
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Team oriented with the ability to accept responsibility and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to write reports, proposals and presentations for management
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.