Senior Financial Analyst- Revenue Assurance
Reporting to the Manager, Revenue Assurance & Interchange, this role will work collaboratively with business units to execute detective and preventative controls to ensure complete and accurate billing. The role will provide a high degree of independence and require a self-starter and analytical thinker to successfully build relationships with internal stakeholders in order to implement process improvements, drive transformational initiatives to promote control and revenue leakage mitigation practices and identify revenue and cost opportunities to increase EBITDA.
Key accountabilities include:
- Review and assess operational billing controls and processes across Moneris to identify control weaknesses for detection and future prevention
- Document key controls including building process narratives, flow charts, and maintain and update central repository
- Liaise with business units and finance to remediate any control issues and errors including changes to processes, controls, and systems.
- Provide consultative support to business units to help improve design and accuracy of processes and controls and support requests for investigations and provide supporting analysis where required
- Lead and execute periodic complex contract audits, investigate and remediate issues as necessary, consult with other BU’s (i.e. legal, technology, operations)
- Research and investigate revenue reconciliation issues as data moves between systems/teams/processes and provide recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Design, develop and analyze various exception reports for revenue streams, systems data sources, etc.
Minimum position requirements:
- Bachelor Degree
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) is considered a strong asset
- 3- 5 years of experience with Revenue Assurance best practices and/or operational audits and/or experience in auditing processes including documentation combined with a sound knowledge of auditing controls
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows/ MS Office Applications, SQL, Tableau, and database structures
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and with the ability to network with internal and external stakeholders and present complex situations to various levels within our organization.
- Ability to challenge and collaborate with cross functional teams and adapts influencing style to different situations
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.