Credit Analyst (Contract)
The Credit Analyst performs various forms of credit-based analysis on existing and prospective merchants, reviewing merchants that trigger in the Fraud queue for out-of-pattern processing, decision the release of funds held, and customer service to merchants on all re-adjudication-related issues.
Note: This is a contract role
You will be accountable for:
• Performing transaction verifications to assess legitimacy of transactions and assess risk.
• Complete post review of merchants in need of a line increase (re-adjudication) specifically in processing volume level or transaction sizes.
• Responding to re-adjudication inquiries from merchants, Fraud Containment staff and other Moneris departments:ensuring that merchants are kept apprised of the re-adjudication process and given status updates.
• Assisting with customer calls requiring explanation of specific credit policies and decisions.
• Providing ongoing education and support to internal and external clients on credit policies, fraud detection and monitoring activities.
• Applying appropriate underwriting criteria to new or existing merchant applications in accordance with established credit policy to mitigate financial risk.
• Collaborating with Moneris Fraud Group to monitor the activity of selected High Risk Merchants.
• Providing additional documentation for re-adjudication referrals.
Your experience includes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance; with or in the process of obtaining CPA, CFA, CGA designation.
• Minimum 1 year personal credit bureaus, commercial credit bureaus, and financial statement analysis experience in a demanding fast paced environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal).