The DevOps Engineer will provide thoughtful leadership and hands-on experience in design and engineering efforts implementing CI/CD pipelines automation, build deployment capabilities for containerized applications in private and public clouds. Guide and influence development and infrastructure teams throughout DevOps journey with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices and tools.
The individual will collaborate closely with Infrastructure Architecture and Operations, Security, Development, and Business units’ teams to execute on large-scale projects, operationalize technologies, establishing technology road maps, and help set standards & processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and implement DevOps automations, including creation of CI/CD pipelines
- Implement and manage necessary tooling and platforms for all aspects of development, integration, build, test and deploy process.
- Design and implement Cloud Infrastructure and Application Monitoring/Logging solution
- Facilitate the creation of Infrastructure Service offerings by automating and documenting the service/s
- Provide guidance and support for escalated incidents and problems
- Champion core DevOps behaviors to drive change across development and infrastructure teams.
- Build and manage deployment capabilities for containerized applications in private and public clouds for core in-house develop gateways, transaction and payment processing systems
- Support and operationalize technology standards, processes and policies related to Systems and Cloud for the Infrastructure service/s offerings
Education, Designations & Qualifications:
- Comprehensive DevOps skills including proven hands-on experience with source, artifact, orchestration, configuration and secret management in concert with CI/CD pipelines (GitLab, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible)
- High proficiency in coding/scripting using Python/Go/Rubby/Shell/PowerShell languages
- High proficiency in implementing and using Infrastructure as Code in CI/CD automations (ARM templates, Terraform)
- Hands-on experience in implementing and managing Cloud Infrastructure and Application Monitoring/Logging solutions is a strong asset (DataDog, Splunk, New Relic, Dynatrace)
- Hands-on experience implementing complex solutions in Azure
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing CaaS (Containers as a Service) Kubernetes/Docker solutions on Cloud Platforms Public/Private)
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using Agile methodology, including SCRUM and KANBAN
- Strong inter-personal, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment
- Bachelor's degree in Software development or Computer engineering required; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in a senior technical or engineering position
- Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset.
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.