Field Service System Technician (6 months)
Moneris, the leading payment solution company in Canada is seeking a talented Systems Technician with a superb technical acumen, can-do-attitude and a passion for providing outstanding on site customer service. This position has a high focus on installing, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing electronic devices. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Efficiently troubleshoot problems related to various electronic equipment. Test and repair cables and associated equipment.
- Analyze problems and make recommendations as to the root causes and corrective actions and ensures that the customers are satisfied with the issue resolution.
- Install new equipment, upgrade software as required and offer training to customers concerning their functionality.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times.
- Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Able to keep tools, equipment, materials, the vehicle and the workplace organized. Works in a systematic and efficient manner.
- Mandatory availability to work a rotating schedule which includes evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Night shift & traveling required.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- University/College diploma in electronics or information technology.
- Equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution
- Ability to test and solve problems related to computing and / or email and / or network and / or point of sale terminals (POS).
- Knowledge of computers, general networking concepts, internet usage, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/spoken).
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary & bonus package based on individual performance and productivity.
- Company vehicle, cell phone, laptop and industry specific tools provided
- Emphasis on work life balance
- Management culture based on coaching and respect
- Ongoing training and development
- Technical support 24/7 dedicated to our Technicians.
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.