Credit Analyst - IB (12 month contract)
The Credit Analyst-IB performs various forms of credit-based analysis on prospective and existing merchants and provides customer service on credit related issues.
You will be accountable for:
- Applying appropriate underwriting criteria to new or existing merchant applications in accordance with established credit policy to mitigate financial risk.
- Post-reviewing of merchants in need of a line increase or flagged by fraud process (re-adjudication) specifically in processing volume level or average transaction size.
- Performing a credit risk assessment of existing high-risk merchants ensuring compliance with credit, fraud, card association regulation and legal matters.
- Assisting with customer calls for complex merchant set-ups requiring explanation of specific credit policies and decisions related to those policies.
- Collaborating with Moneris Fraud Group to monitor the activity of selected High Risk Merchants.
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum 1-year experience reviewing personal credit bureaus, commercial credit bureaus or financial statement analysis in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.