The role is responsible for providing hands-on technical design and engineering efforts regarding Network Infrastructure Services – including network devices, associated software, local and wide area network connections, and communication links. The role will ensure that Moneris has a robust, scalable, reliable and efficient private and public cloud Infrastructure that supports its business.
The incumbent will lead and participate in projects, design, implementation, installation and configuration of Network Services in an automated way. This includes collaborating closely with Infrastructure Architecture and Operations, Security, Development, and Business Unit teams to execute on large-scale projects, operationalize technologies, establish technology road maps, and help set standards and processes.
You will be accountable to:
• Engineer, configure and automate network devices (hardware and virtual), network elements, configurations, cloud environments, and tools.
• Facilitate the creation of Network Infrastructure Service offerings by automating and documenting the service/s.
• Participate and/or lead projects with development, applications, and operations teams to engineer, deploy, and support technical solutions.
• Provide mentorship and support for escalated incidents and problems.
• Partner with Development teams to engineer and build the supporting networks for core in-house gateways, transaction and payment processing systems.
• Support and operationalize technology standards, processes and policies related to Network Infrastructure service/s offerings.
Your experience includes:
• Bachelors’ degree in Software Development or Computer Engineering is required, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 7 years of experience working in a senior technical or engineering position.
• Deep understanding of modern Network Infrastructure technologies (Routing and Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, DDI, etc.) and automation tooling (Ansible, Python, etc.).
• Experience in designing/building/administering/monitoring Network Platforms (Public/Private Cloud).
• Highly proficiency in scripting, automation, orchestration technologies and languages.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate the value of proposals to business stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate and deliver results cross-functionally.
• Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business is an asset.