Analyst III (Problem Manager), IT Service Management
The IT Service Management team is integral to the services that Moneris provides to employees, customers and partners daily.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who sees Problem Management as Opportunity Management. The incumbent will lead the ITSM Problem Management practice across a complex IT enterprise, with a focus on identifying, defining and delivering proactive improvement programs to improve the reliability, availability and security of delivered IT services.
You will be accountable for:
• Managing a portfolio of problem items throughout their lifecycle.
• Driving and facilitating root-cause analysis activities to successful conclusion with the use of an appropriate and structured problem analysis method (i.e. KT-method).
• Applying technical knowledge and experience to drive the identification of corrective and proactive preventative measures following the incident.
• Collaborating with various teams e.g. Architecture Governance, Platform Owners and Infrastructure leads to identify and deliver larger scale improvement programs to improve the reliability, availability and security of the impacted service.
• Managing and improving problem management processes as part of the overall IT Service Management strategy.
• Participating in 24/7 Incident Management operations for handling of major incidents. This requires leading all collaborative investigation, notification and recovery activities.
Your experience includes:
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in information technology, system administration, information systems management or a related discipline.
• ITIL and/or other ITSM designation is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience within Problem Management/Incident Management or Continuous Service Improvement is required for the role.
• Accreditation or significant experience with a structured Problem Analysis method (i.e. KT-method).
• Proficiency in TCP/IP networking and network infrastructure components, as well as with server, storage, and database components.
• Experience leading projects or project steps, and communicating progress/approach with technical and non-technical peers/clients.