Software Architect - ID Graph/ ID Resolution (Java/ NOSQL)
Purpose of this role:
The Identity Resolution Architect is accountable to create solutions, which support current and foreseeable changes due to new technical, industry or business requirements and where appropriate support reuse within Spendscape. The Identity Resolution Architect role can have an enterprise focus and a development focus with a common responsibility to ensure the solutions are functionality appropriate, technically sound and well integrated.
Enterprise focus: The Identity Resolution Architect develops the solution architecture by collaborating with Infrastructure and Development resources, and provides value-added, professional advice to the technology senior management team, and business partners. The Identity Resolution Architect is accountable to ensure proposed solution architectures are consistent with Enterprise/Line of Business (LOB)-wide initiatives and aligns with the roadmaps established by Spendscape.
Design and Development focus: The Identity Resolution Architect is involved with the development of the solution and leads the thought process in the structure of the solution taking into consideration the industry, business requirements, security and compliance requirements (i.e. PCI EMVco, PII Data Compliance) and interfaces to enterprise systems. They interface with product team, leadership, data scientists and developers to establish the architecture that will fulfill the long-term implementation requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
- Full ownership of all aspects of Identity Resolution solutions within Spendscape/Offlinx including but not limited to ID Graph and Card Match table
- Stay current with industry trends in regards to Identity Resolution and Web technologies ensuring the health of the Spendscape/Offlinx solutions
- Creates and maintains end-to-end solution architecture for Spendscape/Offlinx initiatives with Enterprise context and enterprise focus
- Provides technical leadership and consultation to development teams related to detailed design.
- Designs and develops code, when necessary, as part of project delivery team – Design and development focus
- Provides input into project delivery planning process – Design and development focus
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budgets.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design, which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the platforms or project.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures.
- Is the technology lead role in vendor engagements to assess their product offerings and integrations into Spendscape/Offlinx – enterprise focus
- Provides input into the preparation of business case.
- Provides leadership and direction to cross-functional teams driving high levels of engagement and innovation.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at Spendscape, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Provides architectural expertise & domain knowledge to advise & guide senior leaders.
- Perform other duties, as required
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science or Engineering and 10+ years exp.
- Equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution.
- Has 10-15 years’ experience in solution architecture and design, including tools and techniques in developing solution architecture artifacts.
- Previous experience in the payment industry considered an asset.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both an industry and Spendsape perspective.
- Has expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- Has a thorough understanding of relevant and emerging technologies and industry directions.
- Has sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer’s business processes.
- Has knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
Enterprise Focus/ Understands technologies related to:
- Channel application development
- Application integration
- Core applications running on distributed and virtual environments.
- Understands the strategic technical direction of:
- Identity Resolution / ID Graph
- Front-End Web Technologies
- Microservices Architecture
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Enterprise Data & Access Layers
- Possesses advanced knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks, methodologies and tools.
Design and Development Focus
- Experienced in embedded application design
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols
- Experienced in Identity Resolution techniques
- Experience with SQL, NOSQL, and graph databases
- Understand enterprise system design
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of Technology of various scale, degree and dimension of complexity.
- Has expert knowledge in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.